According to Louisiana State University, in 2016, there were 705 fatal crashes and 758 car accident fatalities in Louisiana. Additionally, in Louisiana, individuals suffer injuries in car accidents every 6 minutes, on average. The vast majority of car crashes occur due to human error. Speeding, reckless driving, drinking and driving, texting and driving, and other negligent acts behind the wheel can lead to devastating car accidents. If you or a loved one was hurt due to another person’s actions behind the wheel, you may be struggling with anger, stress from medical expenses, strain from missed time at work, and you may be wondering what next steps you should take. Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf are accident lawyers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana who work closely with victims, families, and survivors of car accidents to help them seek justice and compensation for their injuries. Whether you are speaking to insurance adjusters and may be wondering whether the recovery you are being offered is fair, or if you have been hurt by a drunk or distracted driver and want to seek justice, the Baton Rouge, Louisiana auto wreck law firm at Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf may be able to help you.
Car Crash Injuries in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Car accidents can leave victims with devastating and life-altering injuries. These injuries can leave individuals out of work or result in weeks or months of rehabilitative care. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a car accident, contact the Baton Rouge, Louisiana auto wreck lawyers at Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf. Our firm can help you plan the next steps forward. Here are some common car accident injuries we see:
- Traumatic Brain Injury. Traumatic brain injury can be mild to severe. In severe cases, this kind of injury can impact all aspects of a person’s life and lead to permanent disability. In mild cases, individuals may not always be aware that the symptoms they are experiencing are linked to their crash. According to the Centers for Disease Control, symptoms of mild traumatic brain injury can include memory difficulties, changes in sight or balance, problems with language, or mood changes. Individuals may also suffer from sleep problems. If you or a loved one has developed these symptoms after a car accident, contact the car wreck law firm at Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf today. We can help you seek the medical care you may need and help you fight for the recovery you may deserve under the law.
- Spinal Injury. Spinal injury can result in permanent life-long paralysis. This kind of injury can be among the most devastating individuals suffer in car accidents. If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal injury, it is important to consider speaking to a attorney like Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. According to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, living with paralysis can cost victims and families as much as $184,891 each year. You may be able to seek a recovery for these costs through insurance or from negligent parties after a crash.
- Whiplash. Whiplash can result in neck pain that can lead to missed time at work. Recovery times can vary and individuals who work in active jobs may find that they have to take time away from work to recover. If you have suffered from whiplash after your wreck, consider speaking to the car accident attorneys at Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf. Our Baton Rouge, Louisiana lawyers can help.
- Internal Bleeding. Internal bleeding after a car accident may result in surgery, which can be costly for victims and their families.
- Disfigurement. CAuto accidents can leave victims burned, or disfigured. Individuals may suffer lost teeth or suffer broken bones in their faces, which may require plastic surgery or other forms of reconstructive surgery. Damage to one’s appearance can be emotionally and physically devastating. If you or a loved one has suffered as a result of this kind of injury, negligent parties may be responsible for covering medical expenses, reconstructive costs, and lost wages.
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. Car accidents can have an immense emotional impact on victims. If you find yourself avoiding driving or being in a automobile, find yourself facing flashbacks, have trouble sleeping, or experience emotional changes that impact your daily life, it is important to seek proper treatment. Treatment can be costly. If you or a loved one is having difficulty adjusting after a crash, consider speaking to the Baton Rouge, Louisiana car wreck attorneys at Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf.
In the aftermath of a automobile wreck, you may not always know what steps to take or where you should turn. However, if you’ve been hurt, you may be entitled to seek a recovery to cover your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf is a auto wreck law firm in Baton Rouge, Louisiana who can help you seek the maximum possible recovery permitted under the law.
Fight for Your Rights After a Car Accident
Insurance adjusters may base your settlement on estimates and computer programs that may not account for all your medical expenses or losses. Negligent parties may fight to avoid taking responsibility for your injuries. If you’ve been hurt in a crash due to another driver’s negligence or neglect, you have important rights under the law. By seeking damages, you are sending a strong message to the community that speeding, reckless driving, distracted driving, drunk driving, and other unsafe driving behaviors won’t be tolerated. However, you may only have a limited amount of time to seek a claim. Louisiana’s statute of limitations law requires individuals to seek damages within one year of injury. Call Miller, Hampton, & Hilgendorf, car accident lawyers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana today at 225-343-2205 to learn more about your options under the law. We can answer your questions and help you understand the next steps to take to protect your rights and seek the damages you may be entitled to receive.
Click Here To Schedule A Free Case Evaluation >>